Lafarge Cement Plant
Plant Expansion, Joppa, IL
Scope of Work:
Brad Cole Construction acted as the General Site Contractor to complete an expansion of the Lafarge Cement Plant in Joppa, IL. The work was performed on a mixed greenfield–brownfield site.
- All work was performed under MSHA Regulations.
- Cleared and grubbed 10 acres.
- Approximately 516,000 cubic yards of mass excavation, cut and fill
- Installed all storm drainage structures and approximately 2400 linear feet of piping
- Constructed new concrete entrance road into site
- Placed 38,000 square yards of stone surfaces for construction parking lots and roads
- Performed 6,400 square yards of concrete paving
- Installed and maintained all NPDES BMPs for storm water and sediment control for the duration of the project
- Completed other miscellaneous improvements to the site including: installed 6’ Chain link fence and guardrail along new entrance; install water lines; demolished the old concrete paved entrance and existing engineering building; installed final grassing for slope stabilization.